- Our commitment to your privacy is very important to us and we will always act to protect your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and are very careful about how and when your personal information is collected, used and shared.
- We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at oaic.gov.au.
- The personal information we collect and store is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
- The nature of personal information we collect from you generally comprises of your full name, postal address, mobile number, email address, birthday day and month. Sometimes we will also collect other personal information, such as where you shop and what you purchase, so that we can improve our product and service we offer you. We do not store your payment details.
- You may choose to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym where lawful and practicable. The use of pseudonym may prevent us from contacting you, providing a product, delivering goods or sending personalized communications to you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information we collect is generally supplied directly by you when you complete a customer signup form from a location where we operate a retail space, make a purchase or attend a function or an event.
- We may also collect your personal information when you sign up through our website: www.calexico.com.au, enter a competition or complete a survey, questionnaire or through a sign-up form run by us through other channels.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to promote our product, notify you of upcoming events, functions, special offers, promotions, competitions, interact with you via social media channels and provide you with up to date product information.
- We may also handle your personal information with providing, administering, improving and personalizing our products and services. This can include delivering orders, managing promotions, providing refunds and discounts, verifying your identity, communicating with you (including direct marketing), conducting product and market research, maintaining and updating our records and dealing with enquiries from you.
- We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by email, social media channels and by any other means. These communications may relate to the products which may be of interest to you.
- We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was initially collected, namely to arrange, conduct and promote our media activities (including but not limited to production, broadcasting and publishing) and provide you with requested products and services, as well as all purposes necessary and incidental to the provision of goods or services by us or by anyone on behalf of us.
- We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose to access and preserve your personal information contained within all submissions and all communications to and from you to protect our rights, the rights of third parties and other users of the sites or for the purpose of responding to your request for customer service.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person's life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
- We may share your personal information with third party organisations when we hold an event, function, promotion or competition in conjunction with that organisation, to which they are obligated to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided.
- The security of personal information sent to us by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed, we cannot accept responsibility for misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your personal information where the security of information is not within our control. If you suspect any misuse or loss of your personal information please contact us immediately.
- You acknowledge and agree that if your personal information is accessed overseas we are not obligated to take reasonable steps to ensure overseas recipients comply with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
- Personal information provided to us may be shared with related companies. We take all reasonably practical steps to keep such information strictly confidential.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information collected is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that the information the we hold is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us via email: email@example.com we will make the requested amendments.
- We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed and amended.
- We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, release, misuse, alteration and ensure the appropriate use of the information.
- Whilst we take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, you acknowledge that all activities in which you intentionally or unintentionally supply information to us carries an inherent risk of loss of, misuse of, or unauthorised access to such information. We cannot be held responsible for such actions where the security of the personal information is not within the control of our company, or where we cannot reasonably prevent such incidents.
- The personal information that you provide us will be retained in accordance with applicable laws. We hold all personal information electronically in our computer systems and databases and in hard copy form stored securely, in a lockable storage cabinet/area that does not have public access, within a location where we operate a retail space. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
- We may withhold or refuse you access to your personal information if we are legally authorised to do so or where its disclosure to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action or may compromise the privacy of another person.
- If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further promotional email communications from us, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every promotional email that is sent to you by us. You also have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All questions, queries or complaints received will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all circumstances of the compliant. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you when we anticipate providing your response.
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page. - Click here
- We reserve the right to make changes to this policy, without notice, from time to time for any reason, or as required by law, and will update the Policy accordingly. We ask that you visit our website periodically in order to remain up to date with such changes.
Shop 7, 46 James St
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) we recommend you visit Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website - oaic.gov.au, or contact them at: